Teaching your budgie to talk
I have taught a budgie to talk before so here are a few tips:
* Choose a young bird.
* Males are generally better talkers than females.
* Keep him on his own.
* Ladies voices are higher pitched so the bird will have less trouble mimicking the sound.
* Choose an easy first word, like the bird's name. eg. Bobby.
* Repeat the word more each day saying it in the same pitch.
* After about a month, the bird might start saying the word whilst chirping, don't expect it to be clear though.
* When your bird has no trouble saying the word you are ready for another one.
* When your bird becomes chatty teach him sentences.
* You will not have to repeat the words so much now and your bird might start saying anything he hears!
* Your bird might get muddled up and come out with nonsense. eg. tea on the roof ELEPHANT Joey hello!
Have fun and post if you get your budgie talking!
Much love from Amy and the aviary!
Last edited by Amy; 04-08-2006 at 05:08 AM.
1 members found this post helpful.