Chit Chat

Site Discussion

Talk Network
Talk Budgies
Talk Cockatiels
Talk Parrotlets
Talk Parrots
Sponsored Ads

Go Back   Talk Budgies Forums > Budgie Talk > General Budgie Talk > Housing for Budgies

Notices

Housing for Budgies Have discussions about cages, cage setups and aviaries here.
Thread Description:Does anyone use one?

Closed Thread

Short URL Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2012, 10:30 PM
Supernaut
Egg
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Gallery: 0
Supernaut is on a distinguished road
Default Budgie Tent

I have often looked at the tent like things they have at Petsmart for birds. Ones like this they call the "Snuggle Hut"

I'm sure they would love this but there is the annoying problem with a budgie's indiscriminate deification. I imagine it would have to be washed and dried every day.

I would like to know if anyone here uses these and what your experience has been with them?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012, 10:59 PM
tippa (Si)
Older Budgie
State:

tippa has a reputation beyond reputetippa has a reputation beyond reputetippa has a reputation beyond reputetippa has a reputation beyond reputetippa has a reputation beyond reputetippa has a reputation beyond reputetippa has a reputation beyond reputetippa has a reputation beyond reputetippa has a reputation beyond reputetippa has a reputation beyond reputetippa has a reputation beyond repute

Yes that is the problem, budgies poop all through the night so in the morning you're going to have a pile of %*$ inside the tent. I use this same sleep tent for my conures, but these conures don't poop during sleep so the tent is always remain clean. I wouldn't recommend a sleep tent for budgies.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:17 PM
tippa (Si)
Older Budgie
State:

tippa has a reputation beyond reputetippa has a reputation beyond reputetippa has a reputation beyond reputetippa has a reputation beyond reputetippa has a reputation beyond reputetippa has a reputation beyond reputetippa has a reputation beyond reputetippa has a reputation beyond reputetippa has a reputation beyond reputetippa has a reputation beyond reputetippa has a reputation beyond repute

I also doubt budgies would even try to use the tent, they're very fearful birds at night time and would not feel safe sleeping inside a tent. Save your money and just get your budgie a platform perch, place it high up in the cage- he/she will enjoy this much more

Old 11-26-2012, 11:46 PM
Sonnie
Young Budgie
State:

Sonnie will become famous soon enough

In my experience, budgies love sleeping on little swings.
I wouldn't recommend this hut because it seems like it might encourage breeding in addition to the other issues already noted here.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:13 AM
rahonass (Sarah)
Member of the Month

State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
rahonass has a reputation beyond reputerahonass has a reputation beyond reputerahonass has a reputation beyond reputerahonass has a reputation beyond reputerahonass has a reputation beyond reputerahonass has a reputation beyond reputerahonass has a reputation beyond reputerahonass has a reputation beyond reputerahonass has a reputation beyond reputerahonass has a reputation beyond reputerahonass has a reputation beyond repute

Also some budgies have been hurt, and even killed in 'snuggle huts' so I wouldn't recommend them either. Mine love sleeping on the swings.

Old 12-01-2012, 09:38 AM
~Connie~ (Connie)
Senior Budgie

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Enthusiast
~Connie~ has a brilliant future~Connie~ has a brilliant future~Connie~ has a brilliant future~Connie~ has a brilliant future~Connie~ has a brilliant future~Connie~ has a brilliant future~Connie~ has a brilliant future~Connie~ has a brilliant future~Connie~ has a brilliant future~Connie~ has a brilliant future~Connie~ has a brilliant future

i used to hv a tent made by petstage. it doesnt hv a bottom.
if u really want a tent, maybe tat is one dun hv to bother about poops.
btw, i felt my budgie may ingest some of the synthetic fibre from the lining. some part of the lining become a little bald.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:52 PM
Lacey's Mom (Judy)
Egg
State:

Lacey's Mom is on a distinguished road

My budgie loves her little tent. I wasn't sure if she would use it, but she was too curious to let it sit there for long. She loves to go in and also likes to climb on the outside and, of course, chew on the straps that hold it up.... She doesn't go in it all the time and, thankfully, I have yet to find a poop inside it. . She has a little 3-bell toy (pictured below) that she likes to "cuddle" with so I hung the tent next to that and she sometimes gets into her tent and peeks out right next to her bell toy. It's adorable!

Old 12-19-2012, 09:12 PM
thepennywhistle (Skye)
Member of the Month
State:

thepennywhistle has a reputation beyond reputethepennywhistle has a reputation beyond reputethepennywhistle has a reputation beyond reputethepennywhistle has a reputation beyond reputethepennywhistle has a reputation beyond reputethepennywhistle has a reputation beyond reputethepennywhistle has a reputation beyond reputethepennywhistle has a reputation beyond reputethepennywhistle has a reputation beyond reputethepennywhistle has a reputation beyond reputethepennywhistle has a reputation beyond repute

I wasted money on them several years ago. No one
slept in them, played in/on them. The post positive
response I had from anybody was from the Senegal
parrot. He said it was delicious!

Old 12-20-2012, 04:44 PM
flippityjib

Number of Budgies: 2
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
flippityjib is on a distinguished road

I just had to chime in....I didn't get my budgies a tent but I got them a hollowed out coconut. My boy likes to squack, then stick his head in the coconut and squack. It makes a novel sound to him I guess. Silly. Niether of them sleep in their coconut, but they do like to sit on top and pick the cocunut fibers off.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:05 PM
tippa (Si)
Older Budgie
State:

Some budgies would use the tent like their toys, but birds like the Conures use the tent to sleep in which is what it is for. If you're happy with the tent being used like a hung up toy then go for it, but expect too much of your budgie sleeping in it

Closed Thread