Thread: Joe
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 03:50 PM
Biggles (Sue)
Young Budgie
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 15
Biggles is greater than greatBiggles is greater than greatBiggles is greater than greatBiggles is greater than greatBiggles is greater than greatBiggles is greater than greatBiggles is greater than great
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceandJoseph View Post
It is with a very heavy heart that I write in this section.

Joe died an hour after I left him at the sitters on the 24th December 2012. I like to think he held on just for me, then let go.

I will be collecting him tomorrow and taking him to be cremated. I am still in shock that he has gone, but it wasn't an awful surprise. He was nearly 9 years old and time just caught up with him. He was like a little old man, his time had come.

That same day, I got to hold him, cupped in my hands (something he would never let me do before) and stroke him gently, telling him that I loved him and thanking him for the happiness he brought to me. Just me and him.

I missed him the second that I left him, but I know that he died in the quiet and the warmth in the care of a lovely experienced lady, instead of a loud and rowdy house with me.

My room is silent without him and I cannot believe he isn't here anymore, but he gave me joy since I was 12 years old and I cannot ask for anymore than that.

Love you forever Joey, sleep tight my baby, I'll see you again xxx
This is so sad howver, remember all the good times and that Joey
seemed to know it was time as let you hold in your hand - all your memories will help you and you will be together again

Live Long and Prosper