Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Likely colours?
Thread: Likely colours?
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2013, 08:49 AM
AnimalKaperz (Lynda)
Member of the Month July 2013
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 0
AnimalKaperz has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalKaperz has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalKaperz has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalKaperz has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalKaperz has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalKaperz has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalKaperz has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalKaperz has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalKaperz has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalKaperz has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalKaperz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Likely colours?

G'day. Am hoping to, if possible, pick someones brains ....

I will be allowing the following pair to breed, later this year, after the hen, Terra turns 1 - IF that is that old enough?? Johnny, the cock bird, will be about 1 as well.

I was wondering if there is any way to predict, with *some* success, what colour their babies might be.

Hen: Dark eyed clear - pure white with no colour showing at all. She has black eyes. Both her parents are blue spangles. Her Mum is a sky blue, and her Dad has more of a violet sheen about him, in the abdominal area.

Cock: He is a yellow face, blue budgie. Parents unknown. Picture of him below … he has a few yellow feathers on his body, under his wing and in his tail – I love the colouring he has! He’s blue – but has a green sheen on his tummy and a couple of cobalt blue feathers in his tail.