Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Likely colours?
Thread: Likely colours?
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2013, 05:15 AM
AnimalKaperz (Lynda)
Member of the Month July 2013

State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 0
AnimalKaperz has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalKaperz has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalKaperz has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalKaperz has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalKaperz has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalKaperz has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalKaperz has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalKaperz has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalKaperz has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalKaperz has a reputation beyond reputeAnimalKaperz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
MissListless said: ..... Does your hen have iris rings? Double factor spangles have iris rings while dark eyed clears do not, since both her parents are normal spangles I can't imagine how on earth she could ever be a dark eyed clear. If her eyes don't have iris rings, it probably just means she is too young to breed.
Terra, the single white female ( Sorry, have been calling her that since my sister started calling her that) is nearly 7 months old. She has no iris rings - just big, black and round eyes. When do iris rings develop, if they are going to? It was here that I was told what she is - because ... I was very confused as to what she was, since her eyes were dark and I could not find one coloured feather on her. "Double factor spangles" were mentioned - I just looked at the old thread to find the pictures - but after I posted the pics of their backs, the topic died, so I dunno - as I have said, you guys are just awesome at this. I SUCK!

Here's pics of her Mum (Ming) and Dad (Bluey) ...

Yes, I did take these next two pictures with a flash - Ming does have a much lighter coloured blue than Bluey - she's like a sky blue. Bluey's got this opaly purply blue sheen on his blue feathers, especially his abdomen. You can see he's a darker blue than Ming in the second picture.

BLUEYS Back ...

MINGS back ....