Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Blue just around the neck?
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 01:17 AM
CuteLittleBirdies (Lindsey)
Member of the Month March 2011
State:

Gallery: 0
CuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Bear View Post
lol. I can assure you she has no violet around her vent. It is stained a green colour from being on the ground and all the poop sticking to the feathers around it. No its not that disease condition thing (at least I hope its not) I think its partly because when she was at work she was getting pushed off the perches by the other birds, so she stayed on the ground, and partly because the feathers around her vent are REALLY long. I am checking her daily for poop stuck to the vent and cleaning off any poop that is.

Does that mean that dad may have been a violet? If Xmas (violet cobalt 'normal'...I actually think he may be opaline, but anyway) and her were to breed (not that i want them to) what would the chicks be? Just out of curiosity.

You can sort of see it in this pic just right of her cheek patch.

Lol, I don't mean actually "around"her vent specifically where the white down feathers are I mean the colored feathers in the leg/vent area

She looks like a grey opaline to me I don't see any cinnamon from that pic, does it show her true color in person? violet is a dominant mutation, meaning it can't be in split form, so for her to be a visual violet one of her parents would need to be at least a single factor violet

Can you post pics of the male you are considering pairing her with? It would make breeding expectations much easier to know at least his visual mutation for sure