Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Mixed dominant and recessive pieds?
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 04:20 PM
CuteLittleBirdies (Lindsey)
Member of the Month March 2011
State:

Gallery: 0
CuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuts4Birdies View Post
Thanks Lindsay, so does that mean you give me permission to set him up with Owl, my recessive pied girl so I can find out what he is for sure?! I love recessive pieds and I want a whole nest box full of them!! Man being responsible is just no fun!!

That is great info about markings on the lower wings, I see what you mean after looking at some other pics online.

So it looks like flower is simply a recessive pied too. So pretty! RP is my favorite mutation!
Well of you want to see if he is a combination pied, you would actually not want to pair him with another recessive pied, but a normal that is not split for recessive pied That way you will be able to see clearly if there is any other pied at work easily, where as with another recessive pied you might not be able to see it even if it was there

Now if you just want more recessive pieds... Definitely go with the hen you mentioned