Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - What mutation are my new baby budgies?
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2013, 01:06 PM
TheHallFamily (Dianna)
Egg
State:

Number of Budgies: 4
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 0
TheHallFamily is on a distinguished road
Post What mutation are my new baby budgies?

Hello all,
I'm new to this site. I was wondering if anyone could help me to tell me the exact mutation my baby budgies? Pictures are posted in the attachments below this post, or you can click on the links provided in the post.

The parents of the 2 baby budgies:

mother (Zoey): green, 1 dark factor with no mutations
father (Toby): cobalt blue, pied (spot on his head, and a few clear flight feathers)

(I could be incorrect about that. I did a lot of studying and that's what I think they are.)

Ok so the baby budgies: This is my guess but I could be wrong: The white one is a white based double factor dominant pied? something like that, and the green one is a pied of some sort due to the yellow spot on the back of it's head as well as a few clear flight feathers. (I'm not sure of the sex yet either.) My guess is the white one is a male and the green is female due to the white one having a dark pink/purplish blue; the green having slight white rings around it's holes in it's cere.

Here are the babies, these shots were taken at almost 5 weeks (the white is 5 weeks old today, and green will be 5 weeks on Thursday):
Here is the whole family budgie shot!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/10672120693/

If you need more pictures or better pictures please let me know. Thank you for any advice or feedback!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7053.jpg (60.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7026.jpg (34.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7042.jpg (37.9 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6953.jpg (70.1 KB, 9 views)