Old 12-18-2007, 03:58 PM
Poulaki (Charrie)
Egg
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Newbie
Gallery: 1
Poulaki is on a distinguished road
Default Sweet little Aster is gone 12-16-07

I can't believe it...I keep thinking I am having a horrible dream but I know its not. I just can't believe it. On Sunday it was like any other day I open the cage door and let Aster and Lily perch on a rope that I have on the outside of the cage so they can look around and play. Sometimes they would flutter to the ground and I would go and pick them up to put them back. We have a dog Zorro and he is a good dog...he knew not to touch them...Aster has flown right in front of him and Zorro never tried to go for him...but this one stupid time I'm not looking, distracted, next thing I know Zorro is dropping Aster at my feet....I can't even describe what happened. I don't blame Zorro he is a dog, he doesn't know better, I blame myself so much...I've read the warnings, the stories, I knew better, but I guess you never think that will happen. All I think about is what if I did this or that, but I can't bring him back.

I feel so horrible for Lily, I just got a big cage for them and Snowdrop and Buttercup (who are quarantened) to play in and now she is in that big cage all alone. and my heart breaks when she calls for him.

Aster was so wonderful, so much courage, he was the smallest, the bravest, the bossest. He was my first parakeet, my first bird, a wedding gift from my husband. He was so sweet and giving, smart too! He learned how to cat whistle which was the funniest thing. I loved him SO much! I feel so ashamed that I didn't protect him like I should have.

I can't take back my negligence, but I can only hope he is in a better place free to fly where he wants and eat all the millet he can take. I also hope he might know how much he meant to me.

REST IN PEACE MY BABY
I'm so sorry!

R.I.P. Aster 12-16-07