Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Some help IDing 2 birds please
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 01:49 AM
Aisliyna (Allie)
Senior Budgie
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Breeder
Gallery: 5
Aisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlockLeader View Post
Ohhhhhhhhhh....... recessive pied... because of the black eyes and pinkish cere?
And sf yellowface II because the yellow spreads to the whole body, making the underneath parts the turquoiseish color and leaving the pied marks the cream yellow?
Is that right?

But why does the yellow fade to the cream color?
Is that part of recessive pied or sfyellowfaceII, or something else?

And yes, df yellowface II seems to fit the female very well.
You really think shes a cobalt?

lol, anyways, none of this really matters I guess, but its all so very interesting, and confusing, and fun
Honestly I didn't look at his eyes or cere, I was looking at the markings on his wings and tummy. Dominant pieds and clearflight pieds both start off with normal looking wings that become clear but recessive pieds sort of have a splotched pattern about them and not very much body colour on their tummies.

The yellow usually is strongest on the head and then varying degrees on the body.

The girlie looks too dark to be a sky blue and too light to be a mauve, so cobalt seems right.

Isn't it cool? It's like figuring out a puzzle and just when you think you have it figured out, it gets even more complicated! love it

Visit our flock on FaceBook