Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Parrots Dead in Fire--So Sad
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 09:10 AM
Trimath (Trish)
Young Budgie
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Newbie
Gallery: 0
Trimath is a fantastic personTrimath is a fantastic personTrimath is a fantastic personTrimath is a fantastic personTrimath is a fantastic personTrimath is a fantastic personTrimath is a fantastic personTrimath is a fantastic personTrimath is a fantastic personTrimath is a fantastic person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimath View Post
It is on our news this morning that a local parrot rescue went up in flames and two dozen parrots have been killed. The lady on the news report looks like the same one who helped me at the store when I was picking out stuff for Nicky & Alfie;I feel so bad for all involved who are just trying to give these birds a new life,and so sad for the parrots that were killed.What a terrible tragedy.
There were 26 parrots killed in the fire;6 survived,2 of them are in hospital.It was the nice lady who helped me out in the pet store who ran the sanctuary and she looks just devastated on the news.The home they lived in had smoke alarms but it was not enough.They are hoping to rebuild with an actual facility instead of a house as they have at least 50 parrots in our area alone looking for a new home.Just a sad story through and through but with hope for the future.I just can't get the picture out of my mind of her in the bird store with the huge box of millet she was buying for her rescued parrots