Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Slate? or Mauve with Violet(sf? df?)
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2014, 05:46 AM
Aisliyna (Allie)
Senior Budgie
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Breeder
Gallery: 5
Aisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyromon View Post
Your photo of budgies seems to be more (blue-ish) vibrant colours from my male. At first i thought Anthracite??? but then i noticed from the photos with flash he showed some purple.

My hen seems Mauve, she doesn't have any vibrant colours so she probably doesn't have any Violet Factor.

My personal opinnion about the male is that he is Mauve (Mauve is 2 darkness factor blue, is this correct?) and Violet (df). I will try to get a closer photo of his cheek patches, which are a mix of white and dark violet i think...

I don't think we have slates here in my country but we import A LOT of parrots from abroad so i wouldn't be surpised to see any new mutations from Germany. The only mutation that we don't have for sure here is the Texas Clearbody.
The hen has a light blue hue to her so I thought grey with a violet factor but I could very well be wrong. It's always hard for me when they have white cheek patches and my eyesight isn't great.

I think you're right about the male, 2 dark factors and 2 violet factors could very well be the reason for his dark colour. I'm not sure if anyone here has much experience with anthracite or slate to tell you for sure. I haven't seen any here in Australia yet but we have lots of Texas Clearbodies. In fact the other cock in that photo is a TCB I found in a pet shop.

I'm still learning about mutations and I have a long way to go but I love it, it really intrigues me. I hope you are able to figure out for sure what they are!

Visit our flock on FaceBook