Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Grey violet spangle?
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2014, 04:27 AM
Aisliyna (Allie)
Senior Budgie
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Breeder
Gallery: 5
Aisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyromon View Post
the feathers are too shiny. i see some Grey on the edge of the feathers but there is too much dilution. Is it possible it is a Dilute? I think the photo is too bright and the budgie actually has Grey Diluted Opaline body.
Either way it doesn't matter, because the female spangle has black which suppresses the Greywing and Dilute mutation.

My opinion is that you will get:

Dad: grey(sf) blue dilute spangle(sf) opaline
Mom: green spangle(sf) opaline ---> if in case mom is also Split to Blue genes you will also get white based of the following mutations
Babies:
12.50% 1.0 grey(sf) green spangle(df) opaline
12.50% 1.0 grey(sf) green opaline
25.00% 1.0 grey(sf) green spangle(sf) opaline
12.50% 1.0 green spangle(df) opaline
12.50% 1.0 green opaline
25.00% 1.0 green spangle(sf) opaline

Spangle (df) means they will be completely yellow.

i think i'm correct, if i am wrong please correct me. I do mistakes sometimes. Have in mind these are Visual genes and have not written the Split genes babies will have.
The mama bird is blue though, not green

I'd love to see a more natural pic of the cock. If he's a dilute I'll be right there to budgienap him. They are my favourite mutation

Visit our flock on FaceBook