Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter Luigi?
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2014, 07:29 AM
aluz
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Enthusiast
Gallery: 0
aluz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisliyna View Post
Someone in my FB breeders group asked a similar question recently and they were told that it was probably just a feather disturbance that would moult out with the next moult.

It will be interesting to see if Luigi keeps his helicopter feathers!
Thanks for giving your two cents on the matter, Allie!
I give Luigi and the whole flock a good diet of top quality seeds (sprouting included, of course), egg food (for chicks, breeding pairs and moulting birds) vegetables and some fruit.
Never have I gotten a bird to grow these feathers in my 20+ years of budgie ownership and breeding.
I know my flock has shiny and healthy feathers, so Luigi's odd feathering doesn't come from lack of nutrition.
Time will tell whether he keeps the helicopter feathers or not. I would rather have him lose them. Even though for his whole life he has been integrated in the flock, he still has his own cage for himself, but sooner or later I will get him a mate and I'm kind of afraid he will be picked on by being different...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeno View Post
Interesting. It makes him a little more unique. Not such a bad thing.
I guess so and he is a very happy and energetic budgie boy, the most enthusiastic of the flock and the odd feathers don't bother him at all.

RIP sweet Tito (Summer 2008 - January 17th 2013).
You are missed and never will be forgotten.