Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Help me with color
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 09:52 PM
CuteLittleBirdies (Lindsey)
Member of the Month March 2011
State:

Gallery: 0
CuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond reputeCuteLittleBirdies has a reputation beyond repute

Here is one of my little ones from this year. Her parents were both Df violet cobalts, with daddy being split for cinnamon

Mauve cinnamons will have a deep blue tail and lavender cheek patches, while grey cinnamons will have brown main tail feathers and blue/grey cheek patches. From what I can see in the photo, the little girl in question fits the description of a mauve to me

For some reason that is beyond me, diluted mutations seem to show the violet better than full body colored birds in photos. Every picture I have taken personally that even comes close to looking lavandar/purple like they do in person is from one of my diluted birds. Go figure

Last edited by CuteLittleBirdies; 05-28-2014 at 10:16 PM.