Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Sonny has an hour left to live
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 01:41 AM
Meskhenet (Shennae)
Baby Budgie
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 4
Meskhenet is a glorious beacon of lightMeskhenet is a glorious beacon of lightMeskhenet is a glorious beacon of lightMeskhenet is a glorious beacon of lightMeskhenet is a glorious beacon of light
Default Sonny has an hour left to live

Yesterday he started crying like a kitten, he was puffed up, sleeping a lot and very cold and weak, he even vomited up his last dose of medicine and it's caked in his feathers. We spoke to the avian vet and they said he's dying. He's had chronic respiratory problems after a bout of pneumonia last year. We've been treating him with antibiotics but he's got worse. He can barely keep his eyes open or stay on his feet. The vet said either let him die on his own or get him put down, so we're going with the latter as I can't stand to see my baby like this. I've taken some photos of him, given him lots of cuddles and sung Halo to him, mum's just made an appointment for him to be put to sleep at a different vet in an hour. This has happened so suddenly and it's my worst nightmare come to life. He's so weak he doesn't mind being wrapped up in a wash cloth when normally he wiggles out.