Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - My baby flew away :(
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2014, 04:39 PM
Mikey Did It (Nedra)
Member of the Month Dec 2014
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Enthusiast
Gallery: 0
Mikey Did It has a brilliant futureMikey Did It has a brilliant futureMikey Did It has a brilliant futureMikey Did It has a brilliant futureMikey Did It has a brilliant futureMikey Did It has a brilliant futureMikey Did It has a brilliant futureMikey Did It has a brilliant futureMikey Did It has a brilliant futureMikey Did It has a brilliant futureMikey Did It has a brilliant future

So sorry Henry is missing. Are you able to leave her companion out in his cage to call to her? Maybe put some food and water on top of his cage for her. Let her get used to visiting him and eating with him. I've captured two birds that were flying loose (not my own), by taking my own bird out in his cage that was inside a larger cage (a dog crate in one case). Once the bird became used to climbing into the bigger cage to visit my bird in his cage, I was able to capture her. With the first bird, I used a string to pull the door on the crate shut once she was far enough in and clearly engaged with my bird through the bars of his cage. I threw a sheet over the bigger cage with the second capture. In both cases you have to let the loose bird become accustomed to you being rather close by. i would take my guy out in the morning and again in late afternoon for several days. Patience is required and possibly a good book to help you sit quietly nearby. If you miss and the bird gets away; it'll take a little longer to regain her trust with the setup. If she's out there anywhere within hearing range of his calls - she's going to come on in eventually. They are definitely flock birds and I'm sure she misses the security of other budgies. Good luck! I hope you get her back.