Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Healthy Berry
Thread: Healthy Berry
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 05:39 AM
Juhi
Budgetarian Award Recipient November 2014

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Gallery: 1
Juhi is a fantastic personJuhi is a fantastic personJuhi is a fantastic personJuhi is a fantastic personJuhi is a fantastic personJuhi is a fantastic personJuhi is a fantastic personJuhi is a fantastic personJuhi is a fantastic personJuhi is a fantastic person

Quote:
Originally Posted by aluz View Post
Some budgies are bigger in size and do get an heavier build when compared to others, your Berry does appear to be a bit chubby, but as long as he is active, is able to fly well and you keep on giving him plenty of exercise and a balanced diet, he should be well.
In my flock I would rather have my birds not too thin because when fighting an illness they go downhill faster when they do not have any reserves in their bodies. The first thing to go away when they are sick is their appetite in most cases, and the bit of fat they have left in their bodies can help them when they get sick.
Thank you aluz. That makes a lot of sense. Actually, all my birds are gaining weight. They all look super healthy to me, even the new borns who are almost 6 months old.

In fact Grace is one-third their size. She looks so tiny. Hopefully she will gain some weight as well. She does a lot of flying these days. She has identified areas in my room where she can perch using her splayed leg without falling down. very intelligent these birds are.