Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Goodbye to my best friend
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 05:59 PM
FaeryBee (Deborah)
Administrator

State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Enthusiast
Gallery: 0
FaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond repute

Monica,

I'm very sorry for your loss of darling Piko.
Your tribute to her is very heartfelt and moving.

I can tell you that I know exactly what you are going through.
I've had to have two budgies put to sleep in the past and it is never an easy decision. The first one, like yours -- refused to eat anything but the millet seed in the seed mix. He developed a large tumor (on his leg) very quickly and in consultation with the vet I determined the best course of action would be to help him on in his journey to the Rainbow Bridge.

In my personal opinion, the kindest thing any human can do is show their love by putting their pet's needs before their own. When an animal reaches the point it is in constant pain or the quality of life has deteriorated to the point the poor animal is just "surviving" what greater gift of love is there than allowing its spirit to be freed from the physical body tethering it to this world.

That doesn't mean it is EVER an easy thing to do and it certainly has never lessened the grief I've felt when having to make the decision.

Piko was a fortunate girl to have had you rescue her from the shelter and give her a safe and loving forever home.
Remember, no matter how much we do, when our little beloved pets are gone, we always wish we could have done more, or better -- even though we did the best we could.

If you need or want to talk, please feel free to send me a Private Message. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
It is because of Love we Grieve
and
Because of Love we are also comforted
in our Sorrow

In Memories, may you find Healing
In Time, may you find Peace
In the Power of Love, may you find Comfort.

Fly High and Free little Piko-- Rest In Peace, darling girl.

Last edited by FaeryBee; 11-21-2014 at 06:27 PM.