Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - English Budgie Girl
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 01:24 AM
Cozette
Budgie

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Gallery: 0
Cozette has much to be proud ofCozette has much to be proud ofCozette has much to be proud ofCozette has much to be proud ofCozette has much to be proud ofCozette has much to be proud ofCozette has much to be proud ofCozette has much to be proud ofCozette has much to be proud of
Default English Budgie Girl

So I got the chance to interact with this little girl. We spent a few hours together. She is supposed to be weaned plus 3-4wks. So I assumed about 3mths old, is that right? She was parent raised so I wasn't sure what she'd be like when I tried to interact with her.

Well I had her step onto a perch to get out of the cage. We then practiced step up and I gave her millet as a reward. She is SOOOO calm.....I wasn't expecting her to be so tame for being untame lol. She even let me pet her head and seemed to like it. I am just so surprised considering she was parent raised and never handled.

Anyway, I haven't tried assessing the male yet. I think he is about 8mths old, also parent raised and not handled. I wonder if I have had such luck with the female cuz she's young? I am still not sure if I should keep them both as a pair or just the female and let my dad take back the male. I think she can tame up fast and that her personality could work with Cozette's.