Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Breeding expectations..... help
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 09:38 AM
Reese (Krystal)
Young Budgie
State:

Gallery: 0
Reese deserves every one of these pointsReese deserves every one of these pointsReese deserves every one of these pointsReese deserves every one of these pointsReese deserves every one of these pointsReese deserves every one of these pointsReese deserves every one of these points

It's hard to say without knowing what the parent birds are split for.

Cock appears to be a cobalt fullbody color greywing. Hen looks like a lutino (if she has plum red eyes) Going off the assumption that your hen is lutino as it is hard to tell from the picture!

If the hen is split for blue you should get blue series and/or green series chicks. If your hen is not split for blue, you will get all green series.

If the cock is split for ino, then you could possibly get male and female Ino. If he is not split for ino, none of the chicks will be visual inos.

Ino basically removes pigment from the feathers so the hen could be masking any number of mutations. If she happens to be masking greywing/ clearwing (or is split for them) you could possibly get full body color greywings. If she is not masking or split for greywing/clearwing, you will get normal chicks.

In short!! If the hen is not masking or split for anything and the cock bird is not split for anything either, expect normal green chicks. I'm almost certain you'll get a few surprises though.

Now if your hen is not ino and happens to be a double factor spangle (black eyes with iris rings) then all the resulting babies will be single factor spangle.

If she is a Dark Eyed clear (Black eyes with no iris rings), then I can't really help you. I'm not entirely sure how that mutation works. Sorry!