Old 01-16-2015, 06:05 AM
Minties (Trisha)
Egg
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Newbie
Gallery: 0
Minties is on a distinguished road
Default Guilt

I'm a new bird owner and I just found my friend dead.. She seemed fine all day, after I dampened a towel and tried to wipe poop off of her she seemed really, really sleepy and fell asleep on top of me for a bit. It was her normal bed time so I didn't think anything of it and I put her back in her cage. I fell asleep for a few hours and woke up around 2 and heard her flapping around and a few chirps but I thought it was just her waking up. After not hearing anything after that I went to go check on her and she was dead in her food bowl...Being a new owner this has been such a sad experience. I've had her less then 20 days and I truly feel like it's my fault. Since I got her from petco she had a 30 day warranty incase something went wrong..to "exchange" her for a new one..But im not sure If I want to try again with a different bird. She just started letting me give her head rubs and sat on my shoulder and snuggled with me...I'm so sad... I posted something not even a few days ago because she looked like she had something stuck in her nail and I was so worried about her... has anyone had something like this happen..? i feel like such an awful owner..