Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Hermes is fixated on the new budgies, what should I do?
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2015, 01:27 PM
ImaPrettyBird (Patricia)
Egg
State:

Number of Budgies: 4
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Newbie
Gallery: 0
ImaPrettyBird is just really niceImaPrettyBird is just really niceImaPrettyBird is just really niceImaPrettyBird is just really nice
Default Hermes is fixated on the new budgies, what should I do?

I posted some photos that show Hermes kissing and feeding my other budgies. At first this was cute and funny but not anymore.

He doesn't play with his toys or just sit and sing like he used to. When I let all four out to play, he runs after Casper and Miss Coco constantly. It's like an obsession. The worst part is that he ignores Lady Anne, his cagemate. Then when it's time to go back into their respective cages, he watches them through the bars.

I started the new pair in a separate cage as quarantine at first. Now it's because Lady Anne fights with both of them when they're all inside one cage.

Can you give me advice? It's been only 6 weeks since I adopted Casper and Miss Coco. Should I separate the two cages in different rooms? But won't they call to each other and go crazy?

Should I give away the new pair? Will Hermes recover or be traumatized? I just want my old Hermes back. Thanks for any suggestions.

Patricia
Lady Anne, Hermes, Miss Coco, Casper