Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - The Great Dilute/Clearwing/Greywing/FBC Greywing Debate
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2015, 12:29 AM
Aisliyna (Allie)
Senior Budgie
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Breeder
Gallery: 5
Aisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond reputeAisliyna has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Great Dilute/Clearwing/Greywing/FBC Greywing Debate

These have always been my favourite mutations but the clutches we've had recently have confused me about the lines between the 4 types.

The pair I'm mainly talking about is Opal and Tyrian. Opal (hen) I assumed to be YF II sky violet opaline greywing and Tyrian is a violet cobalt clearwing. Apologies for the bad pic of Ty.

Opal recently

Opal as Juvenile

Tyrian - Looks more violet in real life but my bathroom is blue, makes everything look bluer and my phone camera *****.

Opal's last pairing was to a light green clearwing cock and these are the babies they produced. All appearing to be clearwings/fbc greywings - not as nicely marked as their father (left).

These are the 3 oldest of their current clutch - Opal was in the hen's cage for a month (at least) before pairing so no question of paternity.

One appears to be a YF violet cobalt clearwing/fbc greywing
The other 2 look like YF sky greywings, one more yellow than the other - but am I right to think that greywings from this pairing are impossible? The only possibilities I had counted on was FBC greywings, clearwings or dilutes, assuming both are also split for dilute.

Are the 2 that look like greywings, darkly marked dilutes then? Does that mean Opal is a dilute herself?

Here are all my feathered babies of the 4 types for comparison

1, 2 and 3 are Opal and Tyrian's

4 and 5 are from violet light green opaline fbc greywing split YF hen and violet sky fbc greywing cock - Assuming both are YF violet sky fbc greywings.

6 is a sky clearwing dominant pied and 7 is a sky dilute dominant pied from YF sky opaline dominant pied split dilute hen and sky clearwing split dilute cock - These are marked exactly how I would expect dilutes and clearwings to look!

Visit our flock on FaceBook