Thread: Update On Ju
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2015, 02:03 PM
Teddscau (Robyn)
Young Budgie
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 10
Teddscau is a glorious beacon of lightTeddscau is a glorious beacon of lightTeddscau is a glorious beacon of lightTeddscau is a glorious beacon of lightTeddscau is a glorious beacon of lightTeddscau is a glorious beacon of light

It is, isn't it? To think, only last week I was crying my eyes out because his cere hadn't really improved at all. Honestly, his cere has improved quite a bit. I got the idea of using dandelion root after reading about the trials they were doing in Windsor. In a lab setting, they found that dandelion root extract caused a variety of cancer cells (leukemia, pancreatic, etc.) to commit suicide. Now, this doesn't necessarily translate to the real world, but I read stories on the Internet with people who were dying of cancer taking dandelion root then going into remission!

Anyways, I can't say for sure whether it's the dandelion root that's helping Ju since his cere returned to normal all on its own last time, but I'd like to think that it's the tea. If his cere goes completely back to normal, I'm going to keep up the tea for six months more, then start offering water in another dish too.

Maybe last time the cancer was just getting started, and was producing only a small amount of estrogen that cause his cere to change colour. Then, maybe his body got used to the amount of estrogen and his cere turned blue again, only to turn dark brown when the cancer got worse or something? I honestly don't know why it changed back to blue. I guess it could be kidney related, but from what I read, his poop should have been a symptom.