View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 03:31 PM
Birding (Sean & Chloe)
Young Budgie
State:

Number of Budgies: 1
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Gallery: 0
Birding is a fantastic personBirding is a fantastic personBirding is a fantastic personBirding is a fantastic personBirding is a fantastic personBirding is a fantastic personBirding is a fantastic personBirding is a fantastic personBirding is a fantastic personBirding is a fantastic person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cueva27 View Post
Oh okay...how long should I do it for?
Could someone please answer this:
Should I put the lonely female with the new male together so that they get used to each other and maybe bond for a day or two?
No, don't do that. Like people above said, the two females are fighting over the male. This is making the male stressed. And even though none of them have been injured yet, they could be injured soon unless you do something.

You have three choices for how to fix the situation:
1. Buy another male bird to add to the three you have.
2. Keep the male in a cage on his own.
3. Keep the lonely female in a cage on her own.

Personally, I think you should buy a fourth bird so that none of your birds have to be lonely. If you get a new budgie, you can post pictures on here before you buy it so we can tell you if it is a male or not. You would have to keep the new bird in quarantine for at least 3 weeks so that it doesn't introduce diseases to your current birds.

In the meantime, make sure your birds have at least 1-2 hours per day of out of cage time to give them some space from each other. Please keep us updated!