Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Is bread harmful to our feathered friends?
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2015, 03:58 PM
Jo Ann (Jo Ann)
Member of the Year 2016//Exceptional Service Award August 2016//MOTM May 2013

State:

Gallery: 0
Jo Ann has a reputation beyond reputeJo Ann has a reputation beyond reputeJo Ann has a reputation beyond reputeJo Ann has a reputation beyond reputeJo Ann has a reputation beyond reputeJo Ann has a reputation beyond reputeJo Ann has a reputation beyond reputeJo Ann has a reputation beyond reputeJo Ann has a reputation beyond reputeJo Ann has a reputation beyond reputeJo Ann has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Is bread

We include whole grain bread as part of the soft food we give our crew. We also use pieces of crust with seeds on it as treats that can be shared after dinner or during training sessions. A number of our hand trained birds will at least take a taste of safe people food. Awhile ago someone posted asking what to do as they were out of money and did not have food for their budgie. It really started me thinking about what we had in the kitchen that would work in an emergency and then started introducing water crackers, plain multigrain cereals, bread crusts plain cooked grains, vegetable pasta and expanded the possible veggies that would be suitable in emergencies. In fact There are a lot of possible cross overs.

We have flock leaders in each flight. These are the risk takers that sample new toys or food before the rest of the flock takes the plunge. It is funny to see every one circle up and watch the leader check things out and then go to town. It is a real lesson in social dynamics of budgies. When I have several birds out with me for training the same applies. Our Apollo is the house bird leader. What he eats the others will at least try. As long as we
we avoid processed sugar and preservatives we have lots of possibilities to share with our Budgies. Blessings, Jo Ann

Thanks for the signature FaeryBee