Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - did Honey have a stroke?
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 07:05 PM
shaz128blue (Sharon)
Supporting Member
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Gallery: 3
shaz128blue has much to be proud ofshaz128blue has much to be proud ofshaz128blue has much to be proud ofshaz128blue has much to be proud ofshaz128blue has much to be proud ofshaz128blue has much to be proud ofshaz128blue has much to be proud ofshaz128blue has much to be proud of
Default did Honey have a stroke?

So guys

After five months Honey (my beautiful yellow spangle English Budgie aged 9) is doing well, with her hurt foot.

I've moved allThe perches lower, and no swing she loved that but it's not good, and the bendy soft perches are doubled back to provide her with a bench to lean across and rest. yes I even made some soft cloth thin pillows to stop her resting against the hard wood perches.

Honey was never an affectation bird, but allows me these days to pick her up and check she's ok, guess that was the recent meds she remembers helped a bit, and also let's me scratch her, I think that's because she cant scratch her head so well and misses Bobby doing it.

I've tried massaging her foot and I think she likes that a bit, but at least she now realises she's a bird and can fly from perch to perch. Lol - she was never keen on flying always prefered climbing. But she is exercising now. However she does have sores, even with the soft perechs and cushions, any advice on this guys?

She eating better again now,even back to a nibble on fresh foods, and she loves her fresh water, especially with a drop of ACV which seems to have really helped her.

I do think that she may have had a stroke, it's so strange the foot was affected before and got better, then it happened again and it hasn't got better, it's the only explanation I can think off.

But the most important thing is that Honey is happy, and I think she is. She gets extra special company from me, the best food and fresh treats, and although seems tired a lot, she seems to love my company more, she was always a bitey bird before.

Any advice and thoughts on helping making her more comfty are very welcome and loved. Thank you all.

Ps I'd love to get get another friend but I really think she's hate having a new bird about right now, she's s bit set her ways to accept anyone new.
Xx