Talk Budgies Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lump on Chest (Picture)

14K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Budget baby 
#1 ·
Today while handling my budgie I noticed that he had a lump on his chest. I haven't noticed this before. I have also read that this could be because his crop is full, but that doesn't make sense to me for this to be a result of the crop since that is near the neck and this is much lower. It was difficult to touch the lump to see if it was soft / hard to the touch.

Any initial thoughts on to what this might be before we see an avian vet?

See less See more
#2 ·
I'd be inclined to take it to see the vet...others will know more...hope he is on the mend soon!

#9 ·
Just a quick update on this. We got back from the vet today. Turns out his brother (cage mate) must have bit him at some point in time. The bump is the result of an infection. The vet drained it and we have to give him antibiotics for two weeks now twice per day. Scooter should be just fine, we will keep an eye on him, thanks for the replies.

#11 ·
That is good news and a shining example of why it is important to get to the vet quick. An infection left unchecked can kill a bird quicker than a tumor. Glad you got him in and have medication, we will all be pulling for a quick and full recovery...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.