Old 05-24-2015, 12:13 AM
SilverGryphon
Egg
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Newbie
Gallery: 0
SilverGryphon is on a distinguished road
Default RIP Budgie the Budgie

We only had her 2 weeks (to the day) before losing her suddenly without warning. Her first week with us she sat mostly in the same spot, would only occasionally chirp if no one was near her cage. Over this last week she was more active, starting to play and move around her cage more, and singing/chirping more often. Today she was the most active I've seen her, playing up and down on the bars of the cage. Today was also the first time she came over to investigate my fingers when I reached into the cage, climbing up onto them and nipping/licking a few times before going back around to check out the tupperware dish of water I placed inside her cage for a bath. When we went to cover her cage for the night we found her laying on her side in the bottom. She allowed me to pick her up, she kept her eyes closed most of the time but would occasionally open to look up at me. We were looking for a veterinarian hospital that would be open when she started having seizures in my hand, then died in the box we placed her in to take her to the vet. hospital before we could even get the out the door. A very sudden loss for us.