Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Rather Random Information
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 07:51 PM
StarlingWings
Super Moderator // MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2015

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 0
StarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond repute
Default Rather Random Information

Hi all
Just wanted to chat about a few quick things.
So as most of you know, my little Princess is indeed a pet store bird. I got her at PetCo, and I've always been rather pleased with how they take care of their budgies, they are all happy, active, look healthy, have a balanced diet and plenty of space.
Anyways, we went there today because we were in the area, and the salesperson told us there were also two older birds up for adoption that someone had been unable to take care of.
I went and saw them, they were adorable!! It was two males, both about the same age but one had his first moult already, that one was a green series spangle and his buddy was a cobalt goldenface II greywing opaline, very pretty. They were bonded but not fully hand tame, sweetest birds ever. If anyone lives in Colorado and is looking for two more members to add to their flock, you should get these pretty boys

Well, next stop was PetSmart because we asked to see the two Diamond Doves they just got into quarantine. The last time I was there, there was a little double factor spangle girl budgie who was holding her wing at a strange angle and shaking. I called a store manager over and told them, they promised to take her to the vet.
Well, when I went back today, she was still there (I actually went to PetSmart yesterday) and looked to be in the same condition. I told the same guy about it (let's just say I've never been impressed with PetSmart's budgies, they tend to look rag-tag at best and the cages aren't large or clean) and he told me that she was taken to a vet and examined, she was born holding her wing like that and she is on antibiotics for a cold.
I was glad they were able to take care of this little one with all possible haste.
The diamond doves were adorable! There were two sitting in quarantine taking a nap, my sister really wants one of them and they look pretty heathy. I was surprised when I learned that PetSmart had doves but they get them from a good place and they are better cared for than the budgies, for some reason.

At any rate, there's a long and arduous summary of our shopping experiences for the week

Now, the other day it was nice and sunny so I took Mallorn out (caged, obviously) so she could soak up some rays. She's always been skittish, and she hated every second of it.
Literally. Even though it was still one of the first times and I figured she needed some time to get used to it and I sat with her for the whole 5 minutes, she sat on her perch, her eyes wide, her feathers flat, and glared at me until I put her back inside. The second she was back inside she started preening and chirping again :nuts: Guess we'll have to stick with window rays

Well, just felt like sharing. Thanks for reading! And I'll post some pictures soon

~StarlingWings~
and Princess Mallorn!
Thank you to Deb for her wonderful Faery magic