Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Rather Random Information
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 09:33 PM
StarlingWings
Super Moderator // MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2015

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 0
StarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brienne View Post
Thanks for sharing and would love to see more photos ...they can be funny about where they like to be, so yes your little princess will have to stay with the window rays. lol
Those two budgies sound beautiful, fortunate folk, whom get them. Hope someone comes along soon, who can care and love the little disabled bud.
I guess so I do agree, those birds all deserve a good home!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonah View Post
Good stuff...thank's for sharing...
You're very welcome! Glad you enjoyed reading
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaeryBee View Post
Princess Mallorn is obviously well aware of the benefits of living within her castle safely inside the fortress (house) where she need not worry about wind mussing her beautiful feathers, pollen landing on her toes, the common wild birds making comments about her beauty and the errant bug flying by to bother her meditation!

Mallorn certainly sees no allure in "the great outdoors" when she has everything she could possibly desire at her beck and call and a devoted personal slave to attend to her every whim.
Hehe, that's what I figured That was the look she gave me too,
"Other lands are not my concern...take me back now!"
But I soon remedied her crossness by giving her some parsely
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensGryf View Post
I always enjoy your threads and posts !
Most of the Petsmarts out here that I've seen (with exception of one) have an exemplary selection of healthy looking budgies, often with the most gorgeous unusual mutations! I guess they come from a different "birdie mill" than your store . The Petco stores out here aren't that great, so the opposite of where you live sounds like .

The Princess Mallorn sounds a lot like my birds if they were taken outside. I once had a bird who wore a harness, and that was nice, but no one here will wear one. Hubby can get one on Raven (I can't), Robin freaks out badly, and Griffin... well, I'd practice with him but I like the skin on my fingers too much maybe we'll have success one day. That would be cute if they made little harnesses small enough for a budgie . Is Mallorn hand tame?
Well, that's good to know, glad you enjoy them Yeah, I agree that I think it depends on the store, management and "imports" are different for each one, I guess! It does make me sad to see the budgies knowing they probably come from horrible conditions, but at least they're happy in some places or are adopted to good homes.

She is hand tame, very much so. Her favorite activity is calling for "room service" with her bell
I thought about budgie harnesses at one point and determined that they didn't make them because budgies are so small and fragile they could easily squirm out!

~StarlingWings~
and Princess Mallorn!
Thank you to Deb for her wonderful Faery magic