Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Getting ready for two very unhappy budgies
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 01:57 AM
justmoira (Moira)
Budgie
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 0
justmoira is worthy of great admirationjustmoira is worthy of great admirationjustmoira is worthy of great admirationjustmoira is worthy of great admirationjustmoira is worthy of great admirationjustmoira is worthy of great admirationjustmoira is worthy of great admirationjustmoira is worthy of great admirationjustmoira is worthy of great admirationjustmoira is worthy of great admirationjustmoira is worthy of great admiration
Default Getting ready for two very unhappy budgies

I've just started a four day stretch of puppy-sitting for some friends of mine who have gone to New York (lucky butts!) and while the dog is used to me sitting, it's never been this long in one go before. I'm sure pup will be fine but the budgies.......
I did cover them tonight and sing them their good night song and they were very pleased, but it will be my husband taking care of them for the next four days. Now, this could be very good; Lemon and Sweetie are starting to really come around to him, what with the landing on him and all, but he's not going to let them out while I am gone, I know it. It makes him nervous when they fly around and go all crazy. He said he would clean their cage every other day, but I'm not sure, as it means letting them out. I told him if he's not sure of it to just not give them any particularly messy vegetables (like corn, they throw it EVERYWHERE), and I will clean it when I get back. Not so fun for two birds used to getting out every day. He has no problem with feeding them and changing their water, he's done it before. He also thinks it's hilarious when Sweetie bites him because it doesn't hurt and he knows Sweetie is just overly excited about getting his breakfast.

I can't have the dog at my place as it's too small and my cats would freak out.

So I am sitting here, thinking of just how upset LemLem and Sweets are going to be when I get home Tuesday evening. I think Sweetie will forgive me fairly quickly but I wouldn't be surprised if Lemon gives me the cold wing for a while... though it could turn out awesome for my hubby and she could pay him all the attention in an attempt to make me jealous. He is going to be the one feeding them and handing out the treats. Who knows?

What did your budgies do when you went away for a while? I'm trying to prepare myself, haha