Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - budgie transportation
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 10:12 AM
Long Term Active Member Award June 2015
State:

Number of Budgies: 2
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Newbie
Gallery: 4
4711 has much to be proud of4711 has much to be proud of4711 has much to be proud of4711 has much to be proud of4711 has much to be proud of4711 has much to be proud of4711 has much to be proud of4711 has much to be proud of4711 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipsicle View Post
Thanks so much. I'll probably go then for the "Liberta Riviera Nice Travel Bird Cage" in your second link. The only thing I'm worried about is that in the reviews it says that the base isn't really attached very securely. Neither are the feeders apparently and if they come off the budgie can escape. Have you by any chance used this cage yourself and found it safe enough?

Also, I'm wondering in terms of safety is it possible that the cardboard boxes are safer as the budgie can't fall off a perch or hit the cage bars?
Well, they can't hang on to the perch and are at the mercy of the transport, too.
If the manure hits the fan, all bets are off anyhow.

I kept the 'bird home' cage I had bought for 14 dollars (when I still had great ambitions to get my bird tamed) around for emergencies (like travel and hospital cage), but the one Faery Bee linked looks much sturdier while more compact as well.