Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Barring on a recessive pied...
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 03:09 PM
RavensGryf (Julie)
Super Moderator/Member of the Month October 2015

State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Gallery: 0
RavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond repute

My Twigs (sig pic one with the blue belly) is recessive pied, and he is a DNA'd male (acts male too fwiw), and he has white nostril rings. Recessive pied ceres are different from normals, and I'm not sure if there is a way to tell male and female visually (StarlingWings?), unless a female is in breeding condition and turns brown.

I think recessive pieds are cute not only because of their dark eyes as adults, but because of the head barring pattern of many of them, it looks like they're wearing "headphones"... the kind that cover your ears, with the part that goes over your head. Twigs doesn't have much head barring either.