Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Desperate Budgie
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2015, 03:59 PM
Penzance (Simon)
English Budgie
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Gallery: 5
Penzance is a splendid one to beholdPenzance is a splendid one to beholdPenzance is a splendid one to beholdPenzance is a splendid one to beholdPenzance is a splendid one to beholdPenzance is a splendid one to beholdPenzance is a splendid one to behold

It sounds like regurgitating to me. Have you read the article from the link left for you earlier in the post? The critical point here I think is what is coming out of her mouth.

By daily, that obviously doesn't mean attention every waking hour but I believe it does mean regular attention throughout the day for a lone budgie. I have a single widower called Benedict in one room on his own because his new friends to be are still in quarantine in another room. I am lucky that my working hours are very flexible, so I make a point of ensuring he sees me and talk to him as many times during the day as possible. In fact I am having to skit between rooms to give them all attention!

Another tip is that they don't have to stay in the same room. If I am doing something in the kitchen for example I will often take Benedict in too, in his cage. They do love activity and noise around them.

There is no hard and fast rule for all this, but I aim to ensure that so long as he is still single I will never be out of his sight for more than 3 hours during the day. During the "no me" time I make sure his radio is on and he is positioned so he can actually see the outdoor bird activity. It works for him, he is content.

These are only suggestions, as I have no idea about your in and out of your home timings and activity, or how your home is organised and positioned. But one thing is for sure, they need activity around them and attention!

I hope that some of this is helpful!