View Single Post
Old 06-16-2015, 08:44 PM
Sherawat
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Gallery: 0
Sherawat will become famous soon enough
Default Feeling a bit incompetent :(

Hi guys. I've posted here before, but it's been a while.

I, uhh, have made a lot of progress with my budgies these last 2 weeks.

For one, they're eating something other than seeds. Now they eat corn and lettuce. I've tried feeding them other veggies and fruits, but no luck so far. They're REALLY picky eaters. With time, right?

They're healthy! I check the poop every day. Everything looks good. And they're active - always playing with one another. Their nails need trimming though. (Should I take them to a vet or would Petco be okay?)

I'm worried they're not getting much sleep, however. There's not a single quiet place in my house. I put them to sleep in the living room and cover their cage. Unfortunately, my brother and father are always passing through there. Me too sometimes. And I know that wakes them up.

Anyway, you're probably wondering about the title. There are a few things that are bothering me.

1. Every time I put them in their usual spot in the living room, they squawk up a storm and won't stop until I bring them back in the room. It drives everyone nuts. They always have to be near me, which does not bother me but I also want them to get used to everyone else in the house.

2. In one more week - it will be one month since I've brought Starly and Shell into our family; however, they're still afraid of me. :/ Every time I put my hand in the cage, slowly, of course, to put in their food, they get scared and fly around. I've read the thread "Yes your bird is scared!" many times over, doing everything suggested, but no progress. Patience is key! Yeah...but I don't know...I feel like maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks for reading. Next time I'll post pictures.