Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - My new back stepping stones
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2015, 11:04 PM
FaeryBee (Deborah)
Administrator

State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Enthusiast
Gallery: 0
FaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond reputeFaeryBee has a reputation beyond repute
Default My new back stepping stones

Well, as many of you know, I recently finished installing 71 plants and spreading 25 bags of mulch in "Faery's Corner", a "common area" of the Townhouse Cluster where the Reston Association Pathways intersect near my home.

I thought after finishing Faery's Corner I was done with my BIG outdoor projects for the summer... Wrong!!

A new neighbor, who moved in a few houses down from me just last month, was disposing of several very nice large flat stones that happen to match some stepping stones I have in my front yard and said I could take what I wanted.

I had wanted to get some nice attractive stepping stones to lead from our back gate down through the common area behind our fence to the Reston Pathway and this opportunity was just too good to pass up.

Holly was having one of her friends come to haul the stones away on Sunday which meant I needed to get the stones I wanted prior his arrival.
Of course, I found all this out early Saturday evening.

The stones are fairly large and pretty heavy for someone my size, but I managed to lift one and carry it from her house down the path to the area behind my fence. At this point it was thundering and lightening pretty fiercely but the rain had not yet started. Off I went to get another. I managed to move three stones Saturday evening before the torrential downpour started.

At 5:30 Sunday morning, I was back outside to get the rest of the stones I needed to make my walkway. It turns out that total was nine.

Yep -- I muscled each and every one of those stones from her house down to my house all by my little lonesome!

I spent most of my afternoon on Sunday digging out the beds for each of the stones and setting them into the dirt so they are nice and secure.

It probably sounds more than a bit silly to be so pleased I managed to finish my little project --but there you have it.

I did all the heavy work, the placement, digging and clean-up by myself and felt a nice sense of accomplishment when I was done -- tired, sweaty, dirty and happpy!

Here's a picture of "my" new pathway of stepping stones.

Thanks for letting me share my little acomplishment with you!