Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Just wondering if pears are ok
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 10:50 AM
Long Term Active Member Award June 2015
State:

Number of Budgies: 2
Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Newbie
Gallery: 4
4711 has much to be proud of4711 has much to be proud of4711 has much to be proud of4711 has much to be proud of4711 has much to be proud of4711 has much to be proud of4711 has much to be proud of4711 has much to be proud of4711 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanLfc View Post
You wouldn't happen to no how to get him to bath Iv had him around a month and he just won't lol
LOL, good luck with that. Mine bathe on occasion - one of three, that is. But generally they don't.

I put water in a seed tray (because silly bird uses it as hide out, after kicking all the seeds out) and it helped getting her cleaned up, but all in all, nope, not much bath time here.

When I had a smaller cage, I set it outside and hosed them down (with a gentle shower or mist), they didn't like it much but it was an easier way to clean everything.

If you have a hand held shower, you can do that in the bath tub, with better water control than form the garden hose.

Re: your original question though: pears are ok to feed, but like apples, take the seeds out.
Apples, pears, cherries and plums are in the same family (and the seeds all seem to have the same characteristic of containing small amounts of cyanide).
Interestingly enough, roses belong in the same family, but rose hips are completely edible....although the seeds have those tiny hairs we used as 'itching powder' back in the day.