Old 07-03-2015, 11:26 AM
Parrykeet (Rebekah)
Egg
State:

Gallery: 0
Parrykeet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaeryBee View Post
How would you convert the Prevue Hendryx Cage into two cages?
I have five of them and in my opinion, there is no easy way one could convert them.
It would take a lot of work and skill and would be simpler to just purchase a second cage if necessary.

The side doors on the Prevue Hendryx cage are convenient but they are also spring loaded which means you should either secure them with clothespins or with cable ties. If a bird hits one hard enough, it can bounce open far enough for the bird to get its foot or leg trapped when the door slams back shut.

Don't get me wrong -- I love the Prevue Hendryx cages (even though I lost one of my budgies in an unfortunate accident with one of the spring loaded side doors). As I said, I have five of the F040s.

I simply believe you need to be aware of ALL the pros and cons before making your decision between the Prevue Hendryx F040 and the HQ Flight Cage.
Faerybee--I was referring to the sticky that shows how to make the F040 into 2 cages. Pretty ingenious. I am not handy with wood projects but I know someone that is. Thank you for your cage info/advice. The last time we had a budgie (almost 20 years ago) we did so many things incorrectly. I am learning so much on this forum on what to do and not to do.