Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Afternoon naps?
Thread: Afternoon naps?
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2015, 09:27 PM
StarlingWings
Super Moderator // MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2015

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 0
StarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond reputeStarlingWings has a reputation beyond repute

My budgie takes regular naps around afternoon time, she also stands on one leg and grinds her beak like yours does, you're right that this means she is happy and relax. I don't cover my girl when she naps, and I just stay quiet-ish until she decides she wants to wake up.

I don't think she's standing like that because she's trying to make it difficult for you to pick her up, but I don't think you should reach into her cage and physically pick her up. Budgies hate being held and this could affect your relationship with her.

~StarlingWings~
and Princess Mallorn!
Thank you to Deb for her wonderful Faery magic