jondee (Dee)
Hatchling

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 0
jondee will become famous soon enough
Default Lady's Condition

Hi everyone,

A little advice requested here.
I found Lady ripping up the paper liner in her cage today. She shares her cage with her brother Hero and has been a little more aggressive to him than usual. Obviously they are too young to breed and they're blood related, I'm not going to let that happen so;

I've removed her into her own cage, with her calcium and iodine block, her chew toys and her cuttlebone, I have lots of blocks so I put new ones in Hero's cage. What I was wondering is, is this a sign she's coming into condition for the first time? Parts of her cere are brownish but mostly still chalky white with a teeny bit of blue.

I want to avoid all of the things that can go wrong when females get into the "mood". She's possibly going to lay eggs before long right!? So have I done everything right to avoid life threatening issues for her? And when she does lay eggs, do I remove them to stop her incubating them and stressing herself out over eggs that aren't going to hatch? Should I get a dummy egg or two? She has no nestbox and I am removing the paper she shreds.

Sorry its a lot of questions and thank you in advance for any help
(And I hope I shoved this in the right section!?)

Dee