Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Honeydew...
Thread: Honeydew...
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2015, 01:02 AM
fletchling (Noelle)
Egg
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Newbie
Gallery: 0
fletchling is on a distinguished road
Default Honeydew...

I can't believe I'm writing this. Dewey was an active, playful bird today. He started playing with his toys for the first time. He perched on my shoulder for the first time.

Not too long ago I went to check on Dewey and found him at the bottom of his cage. I picked him up and he would just lay in his belly. He tried to fly, but he couldn't use his legs much and fell. I picked him up again, and he began to seize. His back arched, his head tilted back, and his wings spread out. He would release, then start again. We called our local vet who said it sounded like seizures. Eventually he stopped seizing, and was still.

We only had the little boy for 9 days, and even though this is so heart breaking and I'm sobbing, I know he had a good time with us. He loved to sing along to budgie videos, he loved his mirror, and he only just started to love being held and interacted with.

This has been a rough experience, and I only wish we were more experienced and knew what to do. He was our first bird, and I think we did all we could for him.

Goodbye Honeydew, I still can't believe this happened, and I just wish I could hear you sing in my ear one more time...