Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - She started molting... then nothing.
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2015, 03:54 PM
RavensGryf (Julie)
Super Moderator/Member of the Month October 2015

State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Gallery: 0
RavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond reputeRavensGryf has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Ana . She started with several flight feathers, which have already grown in. The head only had a "few" solid yellow feathers so far replacing the barred ones. Also I noticed her back feathers which are being replaced are growing in darker like a true normal color instead of 'almost' cinnamon. A few throat spots too. It was cute when I found her spots on the floor .

So it is actually like little "samples" from her entire body here and there. Have you seen that before?

I'm not worried, just curious if that is typical of a budgie. It doesn't help that I am also very anxious to see her in adult feather to see whether or not the shade of her olive/violet front will change much or not.

Also... how much of the body does a budgie typically replace in their first molt? I found that my parrots replaced around 90% the first time.