Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - What is the sex of my new budgie friends?
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2015, 11:10 PM
JensBudgies
Baby Budgie

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 3
JensBudgies is a fantastic personJensBudgies is a fantastic personJensBudgies is a fantastic personJensBudgies is a fantastic personJensBudgies is a fantastic personJensBudgies is a fantastic personJensBudgies is a fantastic personJensBudgies is a fantastic personJensBudgies is a fantastic personJensBudgies is a fantastic person

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgieAwesome View Post
I'm not sure about Lola's gender, but the budgie in the second pic is most likely a girl because the cere is a sky blue and white. You said you thought she was a guy because the budgie has a blue tint to the cere, but male budgies have only dark blue ceres (unless it's an INO mutation, or something). Female budgies that are young or not in breeding condition will have a cere that is sky blue / white wi a blue tinge (and sometime the cere will be tan coloured)
Thank you for your reply. I had read that male budgies have a blue cere and female budgies have a tan or brown one (mating condition). I just thought that Whitey's cere was going to turn bluer as he grew up. Thanks for the information.