Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - What is the sex of my new budgie friends?
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 12:41 AM
JensBudgies
Baby Budgie

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 3
JensBudgies is a fantastic personJensBudgies is a fantastic personJensBudgies is a fantastic personJensBudgies is a fantastic personJensBudgies is a fantastic personJensBudgies is a fantastic personJensBudgies is a fantastic personJensBudgies is a fantastic personJensBudgies is a fantastic personJensBudgies is a fantastic person

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlingWings View Post
I think you should change Lola's name to "Lolo"
He is a beautiful little boy! And Whitey is a gorgeous little hen

The funny thing is, males start off (or keep, in the case of a Lutino or Albino) with a pinkish-purple cere, which turns blue later on, and females start off with a whitish-blue cere that turns brown later on!

It's an easy thing to miss Either way, you do have a boy and a girl...just opposite!
Congratulations on your stunning pair
Thank you so much for your reply! That is too funny! Luckily it is still early enough to change Lola's name. I also call him Duckie as a nickname (due to not only his yellow color, but also a duck sound he makes when excited during play), so that may stick. I know my boyfriend will be sad when he finds out Whitey is a boy. She was his "big boy bird". At least now I can try to make him come up with a better name that is suitable for our little hen.

Whitey is much more friendly and inquisitive. Are females usually more social and outgoing, or does personality depend on the individual bird and their life experience?

Lastly, will I have to worry about them breeding later on?