Thread: Tomatoes
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2015, 05:11 AM
despoinaki (Despina)
2014 MEMBER OF THE YEAR
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Lover
Gallery: 9
despoinaki has a reputation beyond reputedespoinaki has a reputation beyond reputedespoinaki has a reputation beyond reputedespoinaki has a reputation beyond reputedespoinaki has a reputation beyond reputedespoinaki has a reputation beyond reputedespoinaki has a reputation beyond reputedespoinaki has a reputation beyond reputedespoinaki has a reputation beyond reputedespoinaki has a reputation beyond reputedespoinaki has a reputation beyond repute

Yes.. I can say that this procedure was tiring, my hands turned red for a bit
The most important thing is that tomatoes have to be at their best and mature enough. The mutation is not so important.
In my opinion, putting the sauce in the freezer is the best thing to preserve them fresh just like when you chopped them. I cut them into pieces and then put them in the food processor. Then I take small food plastic bags or small bowls (to create small portions enough for a meal) ,put the tomato puree inside them and then to the freezer.
In the meanwhile, I ran out of bags and bowls so I put sauce in jars. But first I had to sterilize the jars (by boiling them in a big pot for a bit), boil the sauce with salt and sugar, then fill the jars and wait until they cool down. Before closing the jars, you have to add some olive oil. Tiring procedure, huh?