Old 08-18-2015, 01:37 PM
jenstl
Egg
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Owner
Gallery: 0
jenstl will become famous soon enough
Unhappy In Memory of Budgie Bud // Thank You

Thank you to all of those that were responding, checking, praying, etc when I was in need of advice for my budgie Bud with his unknown neurological disorder. My thread has since been closed, I am assuming due to inactivity, I have been unable to tell everyone what happened because it was so terribly upsetting.

We found a wonderful organization (AKA an absolutely amazing woman who lets birds in need in to her home: Flying Hope - Home) and we were on our way on a 4 hour drive to Frankford, Ontario to drop him off and to someone who knows what to do and who can afford him to take care of him. I asked my boyfriend to check on him every hour-ish to make sure he was ok. First and second check he was okay and on his third check (when we were a mere 30 minutes away) my boyfriend had discovered that Bud had passed. My heart shattered into a thousand little pieces and the feeling remains. I wish I had known about the organization sooner perhaps he could have made it. What terrible timing. My poor Bud. In about a year of his life he spent much of it struggling and fighting. I loved him to bits.

Thank you again to everybody for your overwhelming support and advice. I wish you all the best and I am sure I will be posting soon for something or other! In about a months time we are going to get another Budgie and try to have a friend for Blue again. Having animals is so rewarding but can be so devastating at times.