Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Help with gender and color mutation for budgies
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 05:39 AM
aluz
Exceptional Service Award Recipient
State:

Budgie Experience Level: Budgie Enthusiast
Gallery: 0
aluz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond reputealuz has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forums!

From the first set of pics, it's clear to me the budgie on the first couple of pictures is a young female, if the cere looks like that in person as it is in the pictures. The second set appears too much lighting was full on the cere, making it look more pinkish.
The sky blue opaline I'm positive is very close to reaching two months old, there is still some tiny bit of melanin left on the tip of the beak in those first pics and she is heavily barred up to the cere.

The male is older, he still has the fully black baby eyes and a few big boy throat spots, I'd say he is about 6 months old tops.
Is he able to fly? I'm asking this because he is lacking most of his tail feathers and appears to also lack the primary flight feathers making me believe on the possibility of him having French moult.

RIP sweet Tito (Summer 2008 - January 17th 2013).
You are missed and never will be forgotten.