Talk Budgies Forums - View Single Post - Cory is annoying Melody, should I worry?
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 09:20 AM
JWKnight (J.W.)
DEACTIVATED ACCOUNT
State:

Gallery: 7
JWKnight has a brilliant futureJWKnight has a brilliant futureJWKnight has a brilliant futureJWKnight has a brilliant futureJWKnight has a brilliant futureJWKnight has a brilliant futureJWKnight has a brilliant futureJWKnight has a brilliant futureJWKnight has a brilliant futureJWKnight has a brilliant futureJWKnight has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by violetskyblue View Post
Thank you, 2 days ago I noticed that Cory injured his nose and I suspect it may have been Melody biting him when he annoyed her too much.

I attach 2 pics here, it was hard to focus on the nose so I had to keep him for a few secs.

Attachment 169457

Attachment 169465

Am I still worrying too much? maybe they are like brother and sister having fights and hurting each other but not in a serious way. Yday when I came back from the nail salon I tried to take Cory to check his weight and Melody feel threatened from the new nails and bited me very hard in order to protect Cory. So cute
The injury doesn't look too serious, and he could have easily have banged it up on a toy, or bars of the cage. I'd say continue watching them. If she looks like she's getting aggressive ((Meaning screaming at him and pecking him hard)) then separate them for a while. But their mating behavior looks normal to me. Mine play this same game with each other till the girl breaks down and starts wanting more from him.

From what I see on the video, she isn't upset at all. She's just telling him to back off, and he's obeying. If she was upset her feathers would go tight, and she'd chase him all over the place. But instead, she stays fluffed up and preens herself. To me that's her teasing him.

Beautiful birds btw... he's my favorite kind of budgie, violet spangle opaline, and I love her coloring and beautiful band of white. Love dominant pieds as well.